Thursday, September 9, 2010

Stila Travel Palettes: Gotta Have it, Try it, Toss it?

I only have 2 out of 5 so far, but I'm planning to get all 5! (Toyko, Moscow and Fiji)

$10 dollars, 4 dime size eye shadows and 1 convertible color (cream for lips and cheeks) The packaging is really cute with a Stila girl in a different location on each palette and has a large mirror with a nice quote on the bottom. It's also magnetized so it won't open in your bag. It's small enough to carry around (around the size of a stack 20 playing cards). It's cardboard but it seems pretty sturdy. The only thing I don't like is that the shadows and cream blush are just out in the open (any one else see a problem here?) then the fallout from the shadows creep into my cream product and get stuck. ugh, I hate that! so I just taped a piece of plastic film over the cream product to protect it. It's not the most attractive solution but at least it protects my cream! :)

It's a whole face look in one little palette. If I were on vacation and only took this palette, I'd probably be okay as far as shadows and blush are concerned. (Of course, I would need my foundation, mascara and eyeliner!) The shadows are not as pigmented as I'd like but I can totally work with it. They stay on pretty much all day even without a primer.

The convertible color is what really carries this little palette. Super creamy and pigmented and easy to blend and sheer out for a light flush. It gives you a nice dewy look and can act as a base for your powder blushes. For $10 bucks, it's totally worth it.

Road to Radiance Across the USA: The colors are really pretty and work well together. I think all of the shadows are shimmery in this one, but the fallout is minimal on me. The shadows are in the pink/purple family, but who cares about that when you have that gorgeous cream blush! (I haven't tried it on my lips.) It's a nice bright pink, but when you sheer it out, it gives off the nicest pink glow. I haven't noticed any shimmers but since it's a cream, it gives a nice dewy look.

Pretty in Paris: I definitely like these colors better and it's slightly more pigmented than the USA palette (still not what I was expecting from a company that charges 20 bucks for a shadow) 3 out of 4 are shimmery. It has like berry/taupe-y brown kind of colors and is right up my alley for every day looks. But, the convertible color in this palette is not my favorite color. It's a deep red, which is new to me but in the swatching it, it seemed like I could sheer it out. I'll probably use this more in the fall/winter. Again, no shimmers in the cream and minimal powder fallout.

Final Thoughts: Try it. Pigmentation is not bad, easy to work with, convenient, pretty colors, reasonably priced.

1 comment:

  1. yay you did the entry! but wheres the pictures? where are the swatches?! show me show meee!

    ReplyDelete