Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My wish list


Why, hello my long lost blog...

I was reading J'adore Isabella's blog and I started thinking about what I want (in relation to beauty things). During Christmas time my friends kept asking what I wanted and I really could not think of anything! Being financially limited at the moment, I try to keep my wants to a minimum. Otherwise I'd end up like the girl from Confessions of a Shopaholic. I was once almost there, having to hide/cut up credit cards so I wouldn't use them to buy things and I do not want to go back there. I think I'm at the point where I can want things and not have to go buy them..therefore..my list..

1. Clarisonic - damn you YouTube! Another hyped up item from youtube that is praised and worshipped by so many that I soooo want to try it! Is it really worth all the hype? Because I got Urban Decay's Primer Potion because of all the hype and really...it's not even in my daily routine. But the Clarisonic is being treated as if it's the cure of all skin problems and considering my recent troubles with my skin, I'm looking for that miracle product. Anyway, I think it'd be a waste of $130+ because even if it did work, I'd probably never replace the brush heads. I may just opt for the Olay version for only 30 bucks! Hey, if Olay creams can beat out the department store ones, why can't their brush!

2. The giant Smashbox PhotoFinish Primer. For $50 this seems like a great value! It says it's worth about $75! 2 oz. of their famous primer in both the regular and light formula. Now, I don't know if primers actually work, but if they do, it would be a great value. By the end of the day I'm always looking like Samantha after her facial peel because my oils melt my makeup!

Yuck.

Anyway, I think I'll take advantage of their promo for new customers: $15 off $75 once I figure out whether to get the regular or light formula. And I'll pick up O-Gloss for my mom while I'm at it. Add to shopping cart.

3. Ikea vanity lights and rectangle mirror. I was so close to building my very own vanity mirror but I couldn't find the mirror I wanted at Ikea that day. I want the old hollywood dressing room feel with great lighting all around. My lighting situation right now isn't bad, but the idea in my head looks so much better! If you want to make your own vanity mirror rather than shelling out hundreds of dollars for a company to build you one, hop on over to Ikea, buy 3 rows of vanity lights and a rectangle mirror. You can make your whole thing for way less than $100! I wonder how much electricity that would use...anyway, these are the lights.
$15 at Ikea. Surround 3 edges of a mirror (leaving the bottom free of lights) for a old fashioned vanity feel.

That's all for now, simply because I'm tired of Googling pictures. Til next time!

<3>



2 comments:

  1. Are you baaack to the blogging world? If so, welcome back!! Bambina needs to get back on it too!

    I kind of want the clarisonic too... But I'm skeptical. Theres been plenty of things that the whole world raved about that I did not like.. And at $130, I'm not willing to risk it lol. Maybe we should buy it at Sephora and then return it if we don't like it?

    Also, really? Do you want to add another step to your makeup routine? lol I bought a primer from Sephora, the Sephora brand cause it had pretty good reviews (also I needed it to get free shipping lol) and the bottle is soooo tiny! I didn't bother opening it and trying it though cause I don't want to potentially like it lol. I dunno! Don't add another step if you don't really need it! try the oil blotting sheets! I heard Starbucks tissues work great (from MakeUpAlley lol!).

    and Thumbs up to the Ikea lights & making your own vanity! Take pics and post them up if you ever do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLL...the olay one is only 30 so ill probably get that. besides i'm bad about keeping up with my routine so i dont think i need a 150 dollar brush.

    I already use a primer! lol i;ve been using the sample of smashbox and it seems to work. mostly makes my skin feel soft but it also makes my makeup less blotchy by the end of the day. I found something else i want tho! the gold set from smash box.. the primer is half the size of the jumbo one butttt it comes with more stuff! like ogloss in gold. i loveeee ogloss! LOL .. makeupalley talks about starbucks napkins?!

    yeh i need to find a mirror tho bc the rectangle mirror from ikea comes with 4 mirrors.. i dont need that many. unless u and bambina wanna make one tooo lol

    ReplyDelete