Thursday, April 29, 2010

April Favorites! and 2 Boo You's

I can't believe April is over already! Well, almost anyway. Here are a few of the shining stars of the month (beauty-wise).

1. Revlon Colorstay! - I'm sure you've heard by now that it's like the best drugstore foundation. I use it everyday and I concur. It's kind of pricey to be drug store, but they always have BOGO's so wait for that and get 2. :)
2. E.L.F. Blush in Pink Passion - A bright Barbie pink. Dust it lightly for a subtle pink glow, pack it on for fun bright cheeks.
3. Almay Step 2 Toner for oily skin - It's a great toner. I found it at a Lot Less (it's like Big Lots) for just 1 dollar but it does a great job at taking off all the excess dirt that my cleanser misses.
4. L'oreal Hip Lip Jelly in Plush - It's thick and creamy and smells great. What more could you ask for? Again, wait for BOGO's or 40% off (I've only seen this for L'oreal) because it's on the pricey side. ($9 for lip tint, really?!)
5. Wet n' Wild Creme Eye Liner in Black - My go-to creme liner. It goes on smooth and dark and stays all day.
6. L'oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black & Rimmel Lyrca Lash Extender - My current mascara combination. Obviously, one is for volume and one is for length. Makes my lashes look great and doesn't smudge all day.
7. Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Bronze (Sun Light is good, too!) - Perfect for an all over glow without shimmer and great for contouring, too.
8. Lush Honey I Washed the Kids Soap - I'm just obsessed with the smell. I don't even want to use it for showers because then I won't be able to smell it anymore when it runs out. lol
9. E.L.F. Studio Line Brushes - I love the complexion, blush and face kabuki brushes. I use them everyday for bronzer, blush, and setting, respectively.
10. NYC Lipstick in Blossom - I don't know if this should count because I just bought it today and haven't even worn it out yet, but I've been on the hunt for a bright hot pink lipstick that wasn't going to be 10 dollars. I went to Mac & Nars and saw the colors but stopped myself from buying them and Revlon had similar colors for like 9 bucks, but I couldn't justify it since it's not an everyday color. I saw the color on the season finale of Melrose Place (worn by Melissa Ordway aka Megan) and have been dying for the color ever since. Then, today I went to CVS and found a great hot pink for just $1. It reminds me of the lipstick in the ad for Mac's Barbie Collection. I can't wait to wear it out!

Boo you's of the month
1. E.L.F Total Face Brush from the regular line - it's rough and prickly and it hurts! Good thing it was only 1 dollar.
2. Almay Pore Minimizer - Another Lot Less buy. I don't see any results, it's just an extra step. I'll keep using it, maybe it needs more time.
3. This weather!! - I always go out in a light sweater and freeze or in Uggs and a winter jacket and sweat. STOP IT!

Not too many boo's since I'm always Google'ing things I buy before I buy them. Generally, I buy things that have good reviews and usually they work for me too.

3 comments:

  1. i am shocked that Lush Sexy Peel is not on the list. Shocked. Indeed. Lol!

    Very cool steal for the .99cent hot pink lip color. You almost caved in that day, wasting away $14-20something. But you didn't!! *high five!*

    I thought the ELF all over brush would of have been good. ill remember not to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you've been buying so much crap!!!! It's for your blog!! I guess since it's for the greater good.. I support you!

    PS: I love lot less!!!!! I've discovered them recently and LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: if you comment on my blog, don't refer to me as ---- LOL. it's a secret.

    ReplyDelete