Monday, March 22, 2010

E.L.F (Eyes Lips Face) Eyeshadow in Amethyst

Recently, I purchased a few things from E.L.F. or Eye Lips Face, a company I happen to think is great for it's price. Like any other company, some products are better than others, but all-in-all, I think it's awesome. Many of their products are $1, with $6.95 shipping, and their "studio" line is $3-$6 dollars. There's always coupons codes for 50% off floating around the internet, which basically takes away shipping (I hate paying for shipping! There's a million other things I'd rather spend my money on.)

Anyway, I decided to try a Studio eyeshadow in Amethyst ($3).

Packaging: Cute, simple, sleek. It's black that just says "e.l.f. Single Eyeshadow" in the front and has one of those plastic protectors when you open it. It has a mirror, which is nice, in case you want to throw it in your makeup bag or whatever. It looks like there's a lot of product, but I don't think it'll last very long (explanation below).
Color/Pigmentation: It's a deep purple, like an eggplant, that's really pigmented, especially for it's price. I was quite impressed when I did a swatch on my hand. There are pink-ish shimmers which look really nice, and take away from the bruise look that purples can look like sometimes. But, in pictures, the shimmer doesn't really show, so you should pair it with a brown base. It's very buildable, so even if the first layer isn't as dark as you'd like, you can pack it on. The pictures below are a better representation than the e.l.f. picutre.

Technicalities: One downfall is that it's powdery or maybe the better word is loosely packed? When I dip my brush in, a lot more product gets on the brush than I'd like and there's a bunch of shadow that just sit on top. I guess it's not as tightly packed as it appears. It doesn't irk me that much, but it wastes a lot of product, which is why I don't think it'll last very long, especially when you're like me and you're not very delicate with your makeup. But for the color payoff and the price, the mess doesn't turn me off from this product. Also, it's really easy to blend and sheer out if you wanted to.


Repurchase: I love the color, nice for a smokey look without just sticking to black or gray, and easy to work with. So, yes, if I needed more eye shadows (which I'm sure I'll decide that I do) I would definitely repurchase.

Link: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/ (its the Studio line)
Coupon: sorrypatty (50% off), sweetdeal (75% off only the Sugar Kiss line and you have to spend more than $15), carolina (50% off, under $15 purchase)

Disclaimers: I bought all this with my own money & it's my honest opinion. I don't guarantee that the coupons still work or that these are the only coupons. I just searched "eyes lips face coupon". You can do the same.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post!

    Thats a pretty good tip, using Purple to smoke out the look instead of using the basic Black or Grey.

    ReplyDelete